Are you looking at your next move? Or maybe your first ever purchase?
Buying a home can be a daunting process, but don’t let it be – make sure you ask the right questions and find out the information you require. Here at Next Home we are are delighted to help in any way we can so below are some help hints and tips to look out for and ask whilst viewing your potential dream home:
- When searching for your dream home make sure you look within at least a 5mile radius –(unless you are completely stuck on a certain area) the right property may just be lying on the outskirts of the village/town/city you are searching in and you could potential miss out.
- Register with Estate Agents. As well as searching yourself on the main portal portals such as Rightmove, Zoopla and OnTheMarket, be sure to register yourself with local pro-active estate agents. They will take the stress out of your search and let you know if anything coming onto the market you might not be able to find. They may also think outside the box, looking for something that maybe doesn’t tick all the boxes but ends up being the perfect one.
- Once you have found a property you are interested in, ensure you ask for a copy of the home report. This is a legal requirement in Scotland and gives you an ideal of anything that may be potentially wrong with the property or require upgrading. It also gives you helpful information on the energy rating and what council tax band or fees are involved.
- Research the area – make sure you know the area and if it is right for you. Take a drive up the street, if not possible have a quick look on Google Maps to ensure you are making the right decision.
- Viewing the property – when viewing any property whether with the owner or the estate agent, make sure you look out for any issues such as damp, woodworm, cracks etc. Make sure you ask questions you would want to know such as when the boiler was serviced, how old is the boiler, how much roughly are the monthly bills etc.
Next Home are the market leaders in Perthshire and can give you lots of advice on both buying and selling a property and all the right questions to ask/look out for. For more information give us a call now on 01738 44 43 42.