Are you concerned about damp in your home?
Below are some helpful tips to look out for to make sure that damp is not an issue.
- Tide marks – keep an eye out for tide marks on the walls, this could be an indication that your damp proof course is faulty.
- Check your guttering – if guttering is blocked it can cause water to seep into the property.
- Air rooms – make sure rooms are aired and windows opened on a register basis. If you have a warm home, considering ventilation aids such as fans would be advantageous.
- Black mould – look out for this, if you see this forming sort immediately as it can be hazardous and cause severe health issues. You can easily obtain kits to sort this quickly.
- Temperature critical – this is very important as condensation is at its worst in cold weather. It is important to keep your home warm, even when empty to avoid damp issues.
Need more advice/information? Contact our expert team on 01738 44 43 42.