A fixed fee service designed for hands-on landlords who want an easy solution to marketing their property, together with the peace of mind of a full tenant selection service. Next Home will assess the rental value of your property, market your property online and handle all tenant enquiries, viewings, credit checks and referencing.
What’s the cost?
Only 65% of one month’s rental, subject to a minimum charge of £275.
When it’s time to renew the lease, we’ll charge a fixed fee of £60 for this service.
We can also look after the arrangements at the end of the tenancy for a fee of £150.
No landlord registration fees. No let, no fee.* No time to lose.
- Dedicated Local AgentAs a landlord you will have one point of local contact. No passing you from pillar to post, no time wasted talking to people in the wrong department. A real person to deal with; someone who understands your business. You will benefit from your local agent’s experience and expertise. Your local agent will provide you with accurate rental valuations rather than false promises, and will help you to rent your property fast and maximise your rental income.
- Property Evaluation and Rental AssessmentYour Next Home local agent will meet with you in your property, provide you with a free, no obligation rental assessment and give you advice on how to let the property.
- Advertising on over 20 Property WebsitesWhen you register your property to let with Next Home, you will be advertising with: Herald Scotland, Zoopla, Right Move, Globrix, Sunday Herald, Homes on View, Find a Property.com, Homes for Sale, The Guardian, Evening Times, Google, s1Homes.com, Homes 24, Prime Location, Perthshire Advertiser, Digital Property Group, House Ladder, Welcome Home, The Times, The Sun, The Sunday Times, The Independent, The Telegraph, Aol, MSN, This Is, Talk Talk, London Evening Standard, Homes & Property & Daily Mail.
- Property MatchingAs soon as your property is registered with Next Home, your property details will be forwarded to our regularly updated tenant database, giving you instant exposure to tenants who are actively seeking property to rent.
- To Let BoardNext Home will erect and remove a To Let board at your property, should it be beneficial to the letting process. Sometimes a board is not required.
- Transfer of Security Deposit to LandlordThe security deposit will be transferred from Next Home to the landlord at the start of the tenancy.
- Dealing with Tenant Enquiries (pre-letting)Next Home will deal with all tenant enquiries at the pre-letting stage, handle applications and arrange viewings.
- Dealing with Tenant ApplicationsNext Home will deal with all tenant applications. We may accept applications from tenants in receipt of Housing Benefit, but only subject to your prior approval, suitable credit referencing and usually with a guarantor for the tenancy.
- Viewings Conducted by AgentNext Home will make arrangements for the prospective tenant to view your property with your Next Home local agent.
- Tenant Credit CheckingNext Home will conduct a basic credit check on your potential tenant and obtain a scoring to give you an indication of the level of risk that the tenant may pose. This process will enable you to identify undesirable, high risk, or fraudulent prospective tenants.
- Tenant ReferencingNext Home will conduct a basic credit check (as above) and also carry out a full referencing service, checking that the references as supplied by the tenant are bona fide.
- Checking Tenant into PropertyNext Home will check your tenant into the property and ensure that:
- All the necessary lease and tenancy paperwork is completed in line with current legislation.
- The direct debit mandate for payment of rent is completed.
- Gas and electrical meter readings are taken, then our team will write to the current suppliers to make sure that the billing for the property is accurate.
- The inventory and condition report are agreed.
- The tenant receives copies of the current Gas (if supplied to the property), Electrical and Portable Appliance Test (PAT) Certificates as well as a copy of the HMO License (where required).
- The council is notified of incoming tenants for the purposes of council tax.
- Consolidated Financial StatementsYou will receive a detailed property statement by e-mail from Next Home every time rent is paid into your account, which will show all income and expenditure on your property. You will receive these reports on a per property basis and also, on request, in a consolidated format.
- Basic Inventory Preparation and AgreementNext Home will prepare a basic inventory and condition report. For unfurnished properties, this will be a condition of fabric report, supported by photos. In the case of furnished properties, the report will also include large items such as beds, sofas, white goods etc., but will not include small electrical appliances, crockery and cutlery etc. The inventory will not extend to the contents of non-residential basements, attics or outhouses. Should you require a more detailed inventory, you can opt for our Premium Inventory Service – details are in the list of optional add-on services.
- Handling Lease Agreement and Legal RequirementsNext Home will ensure that you are fully protected with the correct lease documents for your property. We are fully compliant with Scottish and English requirements. Next Home will also offer advice regarding the legal requirements of property letting and assist you with compliance.
- Collection of Security DepositNext Home will collect one month’s rental from the tenant at the start of the tenancy as a security deposit.