With the ‘Beast from the East’ set to make a reappearance and with temperatures hitting -8 here in Perth this morning here are some tips on how to protect your home!
- Keep your heating set to at least 10 degrees – this helps to prevent frozen and burst pipes!
- Clear guttering – this helps to prevent blockages and overflows which can cause damage to your home
- Try to do a check on the roof – just visually; you may be able to see if there are any missing or broken slates – these could cause leaks and damp – especially if there is heavy snow fall that sits around for a while
- Make sure your loft is well insulated – this will help to sustain the temperature in your home
- Make sure you know where the stopcock is to be able to turn the water of in the event of a burst pipe!
- Make sure all windows are well sealed to prevent water damage – also helps to retain heat in your home
- Ensure that your boiler is regularly serviced so you aren’t left without heating
For more tips and advice call our property experts today on: 01738 44 43 42!