We know that buying/selling your home can be a scary and stressful prospect so, we thought we’d give you a few little hints to help make the selection process as thorough and smooth as possible!
Do your homework..
Try and build up a little bit of knowledge for yourself!
- Get and look at online valuations on Zoopla etc
- Look up properties that are in close proximity to your own, then who they’re being sold by and what sort of prices they are are listed at (although, take into consideration if they have the same amount of bedrooms, reception rooms as yours)
- What sort of properties are selling in your area e.g. detached/semi-detached/ bungalows
Draw up a shortlist of agents that you would like to contact but, try and be realistic; there is no point in calling a high end estate agent out to value your wee city centre flat!
- Consider family/friends recommendations
- Pop into the office and see if the staff are friendly and welcoming, similarly pick up the phone and see what their manner is like over the phone!
- Do they have good local knowledge – are they local property experts?
- What are their opening hours like? Are they open beyond usual office hours and easily available?
- What kind of packages do they offer? Are they competitive?
Here at Next Home we believe we are at the top of our game with the services we provide and how we treat our customers – there is a reason we are Perthshire’s favourite estate agent! To find out more about putting your property on the market and to book your free, no obligation valuation then call our dedicated team today on: 01738 44 43 42.