Are you thinking about buying a property? Maybe you’re a first-time buyer and not sure whether to buy an actual house or an apartment or maybe you already have a flat but, are considering selling up and buying a house?
Here are some pros and cons of each!
- More often than not they’re cheaper than buying than a house
- Factoring fees – these can be both a pro or a con. With a house you wont have to pay them but, often with a flat it means that the maintenance of communal area such as stairwells and drying areas are taken care of for you and sometimes it include buildings insurance.
- Security – often flats tend to have secure entry systems and some with CCTV
- Sometimes apartments can be smaller, possibly have smaller rooms, especially if it is a converted property and not specifically built for purpose
- Neighbours – most of the time there will be shared communal areas and rights so you have to try your hardest to get on with the neighbours!
- Houses tend to have larger rooms
- Often more private than apartments
- More likely to have private outside space
- No mandatory factoring costs
- Likely to have more space away from noisy or annoying neighbours
- Easier to have a pet – especially if there is an enclosed garden
Here at Next Home we have a huge variety of properties available, all sorts of sizes, all sorts of prices and with some wonderful qualities! To see if we have your dream home call us today on: 01738 44 43 42!