We know that finding a new tenant for your buy to let property can be a stressful process so, we thought we’d give you a few top tips to avoid putting potential tenants off!
- Clutter – Even if a property being let as furnished (a great way to achieve a higher yield) don’t overcrowd it with unnecessary items! People often have a lot of belongings themselves so, leave enough room for those!
- Fresh coat of paint – A fresh coat of paint an easy and relatively low-cost way of brightening up a property and making it look more appealing.
- Unfinished jobs – Even if you intend to get the jobs finished before the tenant moves in, don’t let viewings commence before the property is completely finished.
- Clean, clean, clean – Make sure the property is clean! Set the standard for your tenant! You can’t expect your tenant to keep the property clean and tidy if it wasn’t given to them that way!
- Make sure everything is in working order – Make sure all of the appliances are in full working order. Again it can deter a potential tenant if they think that you don’t properly maintain things because if there is ever an issue during their tenancy then it may give the impression that you won’t get it resolved in a timely fashion, if at all.
If you’re struggling to find a tenant for your property then you should consider having your property managed by us! Next Home is Perthshire’s favourite estate agency! Call your local property experts today to find out more!